Portal vs Portal 2

Here you can get infos about new strategygames and ask questions about new strategygames etc.

Moderator: Demon

Portal vs Portal 2

Postby Steve » 27.05.2011, 17:23

Recently the following was said to me by DromEd via msn.

(21:08) DromEd: yea michael has portal2, i have got it too but you already read that on one of my facebook's status I bought it the day this was released (same as crashday at it's time ) but i would have NOT buy this it there would be not a level editor (the sdk will be released soon by VALVe, a new version of hammer will be used for portal 2)
(21:09) DromEd: to be honest i prefer portal's 1 atmosphere than portal 2's (did you play P1 too?)
(21:10) Steve: not yet lol
(21:15) DromEd: portal2 has more "funny" scenes. it's a good game but i really prefer portal 1 ambiance (especially with the much more sad soundtracks, the test rooms looks all the same, there is some "eastereggs" in the scenary...you know nothing, why are you there, how...portal1 is really a game to make it's a great one !
Portal 2 is "better", technically...graphics etc...

(21:16) DromEd is now Offline

I have just played P1, and I must say I agree. Portal 1 has nicer textures, the blood and damadged tiles looked nice, but were removed from portal 2. Portal 1 was stupidly short, but It was a trial software apparently, so I guess that was to be expected.

I noticed some other things were removed too, which I think should have been kept. The Rocket turret was awesome and useful, and there was some good puzzle solving work with the bouncing light orbs :) Didn't really notice any difference in music but there seemed to be a few more sound effects.

Overall Portal 2 is better :) but they removed some features that they should have kept.
Steve
Conqueror
Conqueror

Highscores: 12
Print view this post

Re: Portal vs Portal 2

Postby HazewinDog » 27.05.2011, 19:48

Dunno i like P2 better for as far as i played (EP3)
"We merely have one life. Live your life to the fullest, give your best in everything, do what you love and most of all... become a K-Popper."
HazewinDog

Location: The part of Korea where snowfall may occur at any given moment in time
Print view this post

Re: Portal vs Portal 2

Postby DromEd » 28.05.2011, 19:05

I like Portal 1 due to it's ambiance. Portal 2 is funny, for "casual" people...Portal 1 has nicer soundtracks (not any boring electronic crap that pretend to be "soundtracks"). There are really sad and they fit very very well to Portal1, to the fact that after all you are a rat of laboratory or so...You know nothing about Chell, Glados nothing...You just make those great test levels.
Listen this great kind of soundtracks you can listen on Portal1. It's simply great...Those electronic-musics style really bother me on Portal2...
I Like more the test chambers style of Portal1 than the "free exploration" style from Portal2. That little robot, Wheetley is really annoying...hooray for test chambers, greatest and sad soundtracks from Portal1 with some kind of "creepy" ambiance.

There is also some stuff I dislike in Portal2. The gels ! You know, the blue orange and white liquids that provides you different capacities (speed for orange, bouncing higher for blue and portalable surface for white). I don't like those but It's only my point of view, that was not a bad idea itself I think. I love the other ideas, the light bridges, the laser beams...
There is also some things I'm sad to not find again from P1 to P2 and as steve just said before...I really really miss those "energy balls" (I think he meant this by saying "bouncing light orbs").
For all those several reasons I prefer Portal1 on it's ambiance especially.
ANNIHILATOR RuleZ !!!
DromEd
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post