AmateurCraft Project

Here you can get infos about new strategygames and ask questions about new strategygames etc.

Moderator: Demon

AmateurCraft Project

Postby Steve » 02.05.2011, 21:46

Hi guys.

Some of you will be familular with Minecraft. If not, basically it is a game where you live in a world made of blocks, a bit like lego. You have to dig and search around, to find resources, and things of interest, and use resources to construct items, and use them to build, or kill, or eat, or whatever the heck you want! No rules. No objectives.

Some people make projects in Minecraft, by building objects/megaobjects. (search 'enterprise minecraft' on youtube for an example)

Basically, I got bored of aimless digging, and decided to build a minecraft version of Amateurs5, complete with cars. My project is called AmateurCraft (named by Michael)

To acheive my goal, I have been using some tools to 'cheat'. INVedit, to get hold of all the materials I need, and MCEdit to allow me to mass-manipulate the world (eg flatten hills, duplicate constructions such as ramps , and remove large quantites of unwanted blocks (ie bedrock)).

So far I have build the first incubator, and want to know what you guys think :P It's not perfect, but minecraft is an ugly-ass game ;)

Hope you like :P
Steve
Conqueror
Conqueror

Highscores: 12
Print view this post

Re: AmateurCraft Project

Postby Reloader » 02.05.2011, 22:04

I love this :D
Reloader
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby HazewinDog » 03.05.2011, 12:59

Well i suppose my opinion isnt a surprise :) Its awesome work Steve! It might not be an exact copy of the incubator, but for whats possible.. not much better than this should be possible (at this size) ;) Great job and now there will be a whole lot more work... :P

EDIT: One more thing i only just noticed: The sideskirt comes out further than the front/rear bumpers. You might want to add a bit to those bumpers? ;)
"We merely have one life. Live your life to the fullest, give your best in everything, do what you love and most of all... become a K-Popper."
HazewinDog

Location: The part of Korea where snowfall may occur at any given moment in time
Print view this post

Postby Steve » 03.05.2011, 17:38

HazewinDog wrote:EDIT: One more thing i only just noticed: The sideskirt comes out further than the front/rear bumpers. You might want to add a bit to those bumpers? ;)

Well, if you look at the inubator, the rear bumper merges into the side of the car, so I kept the side flat to emulate this.

As for the front bumper, well, that already does stick out.

As for the sideskirts, well, I don't see how they could not stick out. To have them without them sticking out, the side of the car would need to go inwards, which would look completley wrong. lol.

Still, guess I should be glad that noone noticed I missed the decal on the side :D (this is intentional! - it looked terrible!)
Steve
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby Corrado » 03.05.2011, 20:02

F***ing Freaks :lol:
Corrado

Print view this post

Postby Steve » 04.05.2011, 23:03

lol Chris.

It's only for fun anyways, dunno how much more work I'll get done soon, into GTAIV and Portal 2 atm.
Steve
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby Francodi » 06.05.2011, 13:27

Really great job, that looks awesome :great:
aka Whitefire

-{- WIP -}- KiNetFighters -{- WIP -}- | GamerZone.info | Crashdaymaster | webpictor.com | codiverse.com
Francodi
Admin
Admin

Print view this post

Postby Steve » 22.07.2011, 03:18

Been working on the project a little, I've now made a world with a flat platform to build Amateurs5 onto.

Based on the width of the Incubator I made, I came up with an approximate scale of 60:1, so 60x60 Blocks in minecraft make a 1x1 Crashday Tile. When added up, this make AmateurCraft's Amateurs5 Model a whopping 1320x3000 Blocks 8) ... The world is 160MB lol

I am building it using MCEdit, By making 1 60x60 tile, and exporting it to a schematic file. This means I can use them like tiles in Crashday's Track Editor. Of course I can't build it 100% like this and will build some in-game, buildings, .cdos, trees, etc.

I have some screenshots here of some of the wall tiles I have created, including some shots of them on the model.

Enjoy :D

Steve
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby Francodi » 29.07.2011, 16:21

Wow looks really huge :shock: Keep us up to date with more screens please :great: And good luck with going on, you will do it! :-)
aka Whitefire

-{- WIP -}- KiNetFighters -{- WIP -}- | GamerZone.info | Crashdaymaster | webpictor.com | codiverse.com
Francodi
Admin
Admin

Print view this post

Postby HazewinDog » 11.08.2011, 17:21

hehe nice work Steve :) First thing to do would probably be to put the concrete floors in :P
"We merely have one life. Live your life to the fullest, give your best in everything, do what you love and most of all... become a K-Popper."
HazewinDog

Location: The part of Korea where snowfall may occur at any given moment in time
Print view this post

Postby Steve » 12.08.2011, 17:23

actually, i'm going to build tile by tile from the corner. if i just put the floors down, i won't have a reference point for where the tiles shoul be positioned :)

by doing one by one, i know where the tles end and where the next begins :)
Steve
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby HazewinDog » 12.08.2011, 23:02

Ok fair enough ^^
HazewinDog

Print view this post

Postby Steve » 21.10.2011, 18:42

ah yes almost forgot about this project. haven't really worked on it because it is so awkward dealing with such a large world.
Steve
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby kis » 22.07.2012, 16:27

close enough!
kis
Gamer
Gamer

Print view this post

Return to Strategy games without own forum (English)