Ben's work.[WiP]Parking Lot Tileset

Moderator: HazewinDog

Re: Ben's work.[WiP] Burried Tubes

Postby PRÄSIDENTx » 14.07.2013, 18:30

HazewinDog wrote:exactly Ben. basically making totally custom parking lots. not just square ones but ones that go around corners :P complete with some pillars, and the ability to have part of the parking garage 3 high, another part 4 high, etc :)

aaah you mean like in NFS Most Wanted 2012? :D
PRÄSIDENTx
ProGamer
ProGamer

Print view this post

Postby Ben 1701 E » 14.07.2013, 18:34

So you mean that you can construct your own big parking lot, with CPs on, with beeing able to make parts 3 floors high, others 4 or more floors high and also to low down to level one, so you can also free roam across one level of parking lot and do a little htf wrecking ptb pr whatever in theree, then flee up one floor up and boom opponent explodes, like that? :D
Sony for the world!
ne XBOX ist hohl und/oder gestört!
Ben 1701 E

Location: a Farmershicktown in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany (also known as Remmels^^)
Print view this post

Postby SaFa » 14.07.2013, 20:32

Ben 1701 E wrote:So you mean that you can construct your own big parking lot, with CPs on, with beeing able to make parts 3 floors high, others 4 or more floors high and also to low down to level one, so you can also free roam across one level of parking lot and do a little htf wrecking ptb pr whatever in theree, then flee up one floor up and boom opponent explodes, like that? :D

That's what is missing on SmashD's parking lot tiles.Haze is not the only one, i always wanted that so badly too :D
SaFa
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby Ben 1701 E » 14.07.2013, 21:08

if the idea transforms that way, it would be much better to change the fences in that matter, that they are availible like in the industry tiles, one fence on one side of the tile (and of course on all floors there) and on the ways up there shouldn't be a fence then. In my head i now have so many ideas for different tiles, but there should be a maximum, where it ends. I think there about a maximum of three or four floors, which are accessable like you want it i mean if you want all five floors accessable from the same point, a tile like i did now, or a tile from 0->1 ; 1->2 ; 2->3 ; 3->4 all single tiles so you can put them where you want. Also (if possible) doing cps for every single level, and MAYBE also for every way up. But for that i would need to put out my box of tricks. What do ya think about that?

EDIT:
I played around a little and indeed i have som tiles finished, based on that idea above. i have now of course the tile i made originally with fences on one side and on two sides, same with 2 and one floors, for each floor is one flat level, so one above ground, one above ground and level one, one above ground, level one and two and also with fences on either one or two sides. current Tile Number is 17. But i am thinking about more, as said, i am missing checkpoints, i still need one level more, and i dont what you to have to use all levels. For Example, you just want level 4, in current you would need to use the tile for all the levels but there has to be one for single level 4, single 3,2,1 and so on. Also there has to be combinations, for example if you want to use level 4 and 2 or level 3 and 2 or 3 and 1 or 1 and 4 ... i don't want to make this endless but i also want to give as much combinations space as possible. just like the tube tileset, which offers many many possibilites on how build tiles, if there were proper editor pics. maybe this will be similar, but the tubes went over 3 levels this will be 4 and tubes tiles were 69, lets see how many this will be, as said, i am at 17 tiles and i just began. For info: All ways up the levels are going to be in 2x2, because if in 1x1, it'll be too small. If you have any further ideas on this set, i am free for everthing ;)
Sony for the world!
Ben 1701 E

Location: a Farmershicktown in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany (also known as Remmels^^)
Print view this post

Postby HazewinDog » 15.07.2013, 11:44

:D :D :D awesome. sounnds good. keep us posted :D
"We merely have one life. Live your life to the fullest, give your best in everything, do what you love and most of all... become a K-Popper."
HazewinDog

Location: The part of Korea where snowfall may occur at any given moment in time
Print view this post

Postby Ben 1701 E » 15.07.2013, 15:47

Here to keep ya up2date. Current number of tiles is 29 and are so many and somtimes tiny differencies, that i decided to make an index of the tiles. There you can see the tiles (future) .p3d names and a short description. This will easy up work so i dont make a tile twice, make it easier with both trackeditor pictures and maybe also work on a fields.cat.
This is what i have now, as you can see, there are still a few 1x1 and the cps missing and a few 2x2 i still miss.
Code: Select all
------------------------1x1---------------------------------
------------------------CPs---------------------------------
------------------------2x2---------------------------------
0_1_2_3_4_corner-> All levels access with a fence that go around a corner.
0_1_2_3_4_nf-> All levels access without a fence
0_1_2_3_4_side-> All levels access with a fence on the opposite of the wayup.
0_1_2_3_corner-> Levels 0-3 access with a fence that go around a corner.
0_1_2_3_nf-> Levels 0-3 access without a fence
0_1_2_3_side-> Levels 0-3 access with a fence on the opposite of the wayup.
0_1_2_corner-> Levels 0-2 access with a fence that go around a corner.
0_1_2_nf-> Levels 0-2 access without a fence
0_1_2_side-> Levels 0-2 access with a fence on the opposite of the wayup.
0_1_corner-> Levels 0-1 access with a fence that go around a corner.
0_1_nf-> Levels 0-1 access without a fence
0_1_ side-> Levels 0-1 access with a fence on the opposite of the wayup.
1,2^3_nf-> Flatlevel 1, On Level 2 is a way up to Level 3 without fences.
1^2^3_nf-> Just like "0_1_2_3_nf" just without a wayup from ground to level 1.
1_2_3_4_free_nf-> All levels above eachother without a fence.
1_2_3_4_nf-> Levels 1-4 access without a fence. No wayup from ground.
1_2_3_free-> Levels 1-3 above eachother without wayups. No fences either.
1_2_3_side_free-> Levels 1-3 above eachother without wayups. With fence on one side.
1_2_4_free_nf-> Levels 1 and 2 above eachother with level 4 on top, without a fence.
1_2_free-> Levels 1 and 2 above eachother, without a fence.
1_2_side_free-> Levels 1 and 2 above eachother, with a fence on one side.
1_4_free_nf-> Levels 1 and 4 above eachother, without a fence.
1_free-> A Platform on level 1 without fences or wayups.
1_free_2_3_4_nf-> A Platform on level 1 without fences but wayups to levels 2-4.
1_free_2_free_3_4_nf-> A Platform on level 1 and 2 without fences but wayups to levels 3 and 4.
1_free_side-> A Platform on level 1 with fence on one side without wayups.
2_side_free-> A Platform on level 2 with fence on one side without wayups.
3_side_free-> A Platform on level 3 with fence on one side without wayups.
4_free-> A Platform on level 4 without fences or wayups.
4_free_side-> A Platform on level 4 with fence on one side without wayups.
1_3_free-> Levels 1 and 3 above eachother, without a fence.
2_4_free-> Levels 2 and 4 above eachother, without a fence.
2_3_free-> Levels 2 and 3 above eachother, without a fence.
2_3_side_free-> Levels 2 and 3 above eachother, with a fence on one side.
3_4_free-> Levels 3 and 4 above eachother, without a fence.
2_free-> A Platform on level 2 without a fence and without wayups.
3_free-> A Platform on level 3 without a fence and without wayups.

EDIT: and again an update, i have all the 2x2 tiles finished which i wanted, next step will be a few 1x1 and cps, after i solved some problems i encountered while testing ingame. I have problems with reversed faces, no big thing but needs to be solved. I made pics for you to see the progress, altough there just 2 of the 37 tiles are shown it shows what we are talking about here :D

EDIT2: the reversed faces bugs are solved, just tiny mismatches are left, so i am looking for a volunteer for beta tests. If you are intrested, contact me via PM, thanks! Your Ben 1701 E
EDIT3: Index updated :)
Last edited by Ben 1701 E on 20.07.2013, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Sony for the world!
Ben 1701 E

Print view this post

Re: Ben's work.[WiP]Parking Lot Tileset

Postby Ben 1701 E » 20.07.2013, 12:41

I worked out the bugs and made a preview video for you to have a better idea what this now here. Enjoy and feel free for comments.

EDIT: got the checkpoints working now, and as you may saw in the video, it is pretty dark in the lower levels when there is hardly sunlight. so i thought i make it more lit, so here a few pictures:
Sony for the world!
Ben 1701 E

Print view this post

Postby SaFa » 21.07.2013, 11:36

Fckin cool :pokal1:
SaFa
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby Ben 1701 E » 21.07.2013, 17:01

Thanks, developement went on quite quick from now on, so i can present you another video along with a few additional pictures. In the video you can see me doing a p2p race, but i recorded the replay cause i forgot to record :oops:
Next item on the To do list is to make more matching street/parking texture and refine a few mappings. But the tileset is now ready for a beta test. I also want to tell you, that i thought about things and think that level 4 stuff will be enough. I thought about 11 Tiles in total for this tileset are enough, they are suitable for building a big parking lot. In total for the map you see in the video 8 tiles are used, and if i didn't need 1000 variations of the same tile, then you won't need it too. of course i don't delete any files i did so far, for example for future addons or wishes based on you what you (may) miss. So enough talk, here some action ;)

Sony for the world!
Ben 1701 E

Print view this post

Postby DromEd » 21.07.2013, 23:44

Nice big parking Ben. It's sad the textures don't mach well in some areas. In my opinion, the bottom part should be concrete too and not grassy, but it's just a question of taste. :)
ANNIHILATOR RuleZ !!!
DromEd
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby PRÄSIDENTx » 23.07.2013, 18:49

Yeah the ground should be the same concrete as the industrial tiles.
Looks really cool so far.
PRÄSIDENTx
ProGamer
ProGamer

Print view this post

Postby Ben 1701 E » 28.07.2013, 21:45

you guys are right, and thanks so far. i also think it should be concrete and it will be retextured with the other floor textures.
But now i have another new video for you. It introduces the 3-floor version, so you can make a 4 floors parking lot and /or a 3 floor parking lot.
It also introduces a way of connecting parking lots on a challanging way.
So here goes, enjoy!
Sony for the world!
Ben 1701 E

Print view this post

Postby HazewinDog » 28.07.2013, 22:30

looks good :) I like how you added additional tiles for the 'latte' idea I talked about :) (y)!
"We merely have one life. Live your life to the fullest, give your best in everything, do what you love and most of all... become a K-Popper."
HazewinDog

Location: The part of Korea where snowfall may occur at any given moment in time
Print view this post

Postby SaFa » 29.07.2013, 07:32

Can't wait for release :mrgreen: As extra; way with fences connecting parking lots ( 0:46) i mean :roll:
SaFa
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby HazewinDog » 29.07.2013, 12:57

I asked for a way without fences :D as a little extra to wreck eachother on there and stuff :P
HazewinDog

Print view this post

Postby SaFa » 01.05.2014, 11:07

Any news from this? :P
SaFa
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby Ben 1701 E » 08.01.2015, 23:12

i actually can give you news^^
as far as i know from my documentation there seems to be just one tile left of the "i-don't-know-how-much-there-were-in-total" which has problems to solve.
Just there is the same old problem with the trackeditorpictures. You won't be able to properly use the tiles if you dont have proper pictures.
Due to my job and real life changes during the past year i didn't have time for anything, it cools down by now and i hope to finish the last tile and do a betatest of all tiles,
but i think i won't have time to do all the trackeditorpics stuff. There is where i would need help with, all other stuff is done. At least thats what my docs say i will see over it and
keep ya up to date
Sony for the world!
Ben 1701 E

Print view this post

Postby SaFa » 14.01.2016, 22:47

I'm still interested in this :D
Looking forward for an update!
SaFa
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby Ben 1701 E » 17.02.2016, 21:31

As i won't be able to ever fully finish this, i can give anyone intrested all files i got about that, which contains an Index to help creating trackeditor pics amd aösp all source files for fixing stuff or to make more fitting textures or somthing like that. So if intrested, i will uplodad it.
Greetings
Sony for the world!
Ben 1701 E

Print view this post

Postby SaFa » 17.02.2016, 23:33

I'm interested in it.I'd like to see what i can do :)
SaFa
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Crashday - Your Mods (English)