Crashday Multiplayer Setups Tutorial

Moderator: HazewinDog

Crashday Multiplayer Setups Tutorial

Postby Francodi » 18.02.2008, 18:43

Here is a tutorial, how to make your own Crashday multiplayer setups and how to add skins into the multiplayer, cause i know some people who don't know how it goes. I don't call names ;-)

So, you just have to change the carinfo.cc and if you want to add some new skins, the shop.lst too.

So let's start. For this example we use the Incubator, cause the engine setups are always the same, so you can't do anything wrong.
Open the carinfo.cc in ../crashday/trkdata/cars/incubator. Than scroll down to the area called "AI".

The there you find the number 6 (don't change!) and some names=.... setups.
The first 6 are the setups, which you have in the multiplayer, in fact the order. If you change the number 6 higher, you active more setups (which comes after the 6 setups in multiplayer).

Now we want to change something, what is what?:

Befor we start, is it important to know: At all cars (exept Incubator) you should not change the engine power, because you will get than in a server the "cheat-protaction", and at the other way the people will get the "cheat-protaction" in your server.

And now let's take a setup:

Code: Select all
name=race-1   class=A      setup=susp1|fb1|sid2|wng2|pnt1

That looks confusing, but it isn't! After setup=... you choose the skin and the other settings.

I choosed setup 2 (in the multiplayer setup 2).
Here the list of the meaning from the shortcuts:

susp = the suspension
fb = front bumper
rb = rear bumper
sid = side kit
wng = rear wing
hd = engine hood
pnt = skin (most people looking for that^^)

You have to look in the shop, how many setups from a upgrade are contained there, and than insert the number of the setup you want.

In our example we want:

Sportsuspension
Front bumper "Nemesis"
Rear bumper "Nemesis"
Side kit "Nemesis"
Rear wing "Iron Dei"
Engine hood "Standard"
And the skin "GamerZone" (but it doesn't matter, which skin you take)
And we want wheels Offroad Typ 3 Nummber 3.

GamerZone skin is called: decal4a.tga, decal4a_2.tga, decal4b.tga und decal4b_2.tga.

So, with that code, setup 2 will look like this:

name=race-1   class=A      setup=susp1|fb2|rb2|sid2|wng4|pnt4           wheel=offroad_s3_13.whl      #A

You just have to look in the career at the shoplist, what where is.

susp1 = first suspension = sportsuspension, therefore "1"
fb2 = seccond front bumper = Nemesis, therefore "2"
rb2 = seccond rear bumper = Nemesis, therefore "2"
sid2 = seccond side kit = Nemesis, therefore "2"
hd0 = no enginge hood = Standard, therefore "0"
wng4 = third rear wing (the Incubator has 4 rear wings (in fact 3). In Singleplayer the Incubator has the wng1, that is the small rear wing, which you can't delete, but in multiplayer, the normal incubator has no rear wing, so wng1 = normal rear wing in singleplayer, 2,3 and 4 are the ones, which you can buy.
wheel=offroad_s3_13.whl = wheels from typ Offroad Typ 3 number 3.

2 important facts:
a) If you change the numbers, you have to take "true" numbers of the setups (as example: there are only 2 front bumpers, if you take as number "3" you will get an error!)
b) If you add some more skins, and you got so more than before (decal4, decal5), don't forget for each new skin to change under "---Tuning---" the number 18 higher. As example: decal 4 = 19, and now a new skin, decal5, than the number has to be 20, etc.! Otherwise you will get an error.

When you changed something, you can always look in the multiplayer, how the setups looks, if you don't made any errors, and so you can experiment a bit with the numbers ;-)

If you got now some more skins, you have to add them into the shop.lst, or alternatively rename.

For that you have to open the shop.lst. Scroll down until you find entry's like that (it's fairly at the end)

Next:  #---------------------------------------------
pnt0         # identifier name
skin         # group (car, fbumper, rbumper, sidekit, hood, rwing, wheels, performance, weapon, skin, cassis, armour, crashpower)
*currentcar*      # parent object (e.g. car folder) or NONE
$ID trkdata/cars/incubator/shop.lst pnt0.Name                     # Article name (English)
DEPRECATED         # article description (English)
aftercarbought      # availability condition (see doc for more info) (+ val [+ val2])
0         # show media _before_ available
NONE              # Media showed when available (can be NONE)
0         # cost to buy in shop
NONE              # shop picture
1         # Is this a stock car part?

At the last one, "Is this a stock car part?" you should always take the number 0, only "pnt0" to 1, because this is the used skin, which you get, when you take standard.

Under

$ID trkdata/cars/incubator/shop.lst pnt0.Name                     # Article name (English)

you can delete the line from "$ID" until "pnt.0.Name" and enter a name that you want.

0         # cost to buy in shop

Here you can insert a cost, that you want.
The best thing is, to take from a downloaded skin the entry from the shop.lst and insert it in your shop.lst at the right place.

I think that's all, if i have forgotten something, i will edit it, if you got problems post it here please, or write me a PM.

IMPORTANT: Do a backup, before you start!

I made an example, how it can look, you can download and see it here:
http://www.gamerzone.info/racinggames/viewtopic.php?t=126

Ps: This is a translating from my German tutorial! I have forgotten to make one in English :oops:
aka Whitefire

-{- WIP -}- KiNetFighters -{- WIP -}- | GamerZone.info | Crashdaymaster | webpictor.com | codiverse.com
Francodi
Admin
Admin

Highscores: 12
Print view this post

Postby Ben 1701 E » 18.02.2008, 18:46

when i have time i will translate my tiles TuT also to English
btw gr8t TuT!
Sony for the world!
ne XBOX ist hohl und/oder gestört!
Ben 1701 E

Location: a Farmershicktown in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany (also known as Remmels^^)
Print view this post

Postby DromEd » 18.02.2008, 18:57

I dont think the ppl need tutotrial..btw, its an easy thing to do :wink:
ANNIHILATOR RuleZ !!!
DromEd
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby Francodi » 18.02.2008, 19:22

DromEd wrote:I dont think the ppl need tutotrial..btw, its an easy thing to do :wink:

Read the beginning of my text ;)

cause i know some people who don't know how it goes. I don't call names

And yes, it's easy, but you have to understand it, and some people are not really able to understay it, so a tutorial will help them :wink:
aka Whitefire

-{- WIP -}- KiNetFighters -{- WIP -}- | GamerZone.info | Crashdaymaster | webpictor.com | codiverse.com
Francodi
Admin
Admin

Print view this post

Postby Jo$elas » 18.02.2008, 19:32

There are things which are easy to do for somebody but other persons not know how to do it, not my case cause i alread knew that, but dromed, for example roll a good joint is fucking easy for me and sure you would create an ugly thing (in case that you could roll it).
I dont want to say nothing bad to you, but dont speak always like you are the best and other persons are idiots, you called me noob and u made me become angry, im a good players and i dont call noob to everybody who is badder than me, well sometimes i do it but only with special ppl/cases.
divshare ******* they ****** all my image links
................... :arrowblueup: ................. :arrowblueup: ..........................
WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO SAY WHAT WE THINK WITH FREEDOM!! HAHAHA

I WILL KILL YOU ALL
Jo$elas
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby DromEd » 18.02.2008, 19:49

Jo$elas wrote:There are things which are easy to do for somebody but other persons not know how to do it, not my case cause i alread knew that, but dromed, for example roll a good joint is fucking easy for me and sure you would create an ugly thing (in case that you could roll it).
I dont want to say nothing bad to you, but dont speak always like you are the best and other persons are idiots, you called me noob and u made me become angry, im a good players and i dont call noob to everybody who is badder than me, well sometimes i do it but only with special ppl/cases.

-.- ??? I never that your a noob...never :|
ANNIHILATOR RuleZ !!!
DromEd
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby Jo$elas » 18.02.2008, 22:27

DromEd wrote:Do you think you need a russian version for create infine names ? your so NOOOOOOOOB :mrgreen:

- Open your profile with an hexadecimal editor
- Found the line where is writted "P L A Y E R" and your name after the "P L A Y E R" :)
- You can add "strange" stupid characters..and you can add characters..i've a new dromed naw and this one use about 56 characters..i've the english version of crashday..easy to do a infinite profile name...your so NOOOOOOB :mrgreen: :arrowblue:

are you sure that you didnt it?
divshare ******* they ****** all my image links
................... :arrowblueup: ................. :arrowblueup: ..........................
WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO SAY WHAT WE THINK WITH FREEDOM!! HAHAHA

I WILL KILL YOU ALL
Jo$elas
Conqueror
Conqueror

Print view this post

Postby Francodi » 18.02.2008, 23:05

Dudes, turn down :shock: That's not the right topic, and I don't want to see you quarreling :(

Let's be happy! :lol:
aka Whitefire

Francodi
Admin
Admin

Print view this post

Postby HazewinDog » 19.02.2008, 16:22

Nice job, Whity, I think it'll help a lot ppl! 8)
"We merely have one life. Live your life to the fullest, give your best in everything, do what you love and most of all... become a K-Popper."
HazewinDog

Location: The part of Korea where snowfall may occur at any given moment in time
Print view this post

Return to Crashday - Tutorial (English)